[Support #YRR-987022]: Fwd: issue displaying 3D fields overlayed on terrain

Hi Randy-

> Ok...I can try this.

Again, it's going to be compute intensive.  Using staggered grids adds
a 2-3 times memory overhead and resampling will be painfully slow.

> By the way does IDV use Java under the hood. If so I assume its 32bit
> Java. Are there plans to use 64bit Java so we are not memory limited.
> I am trying to visualize 1250x1250x1250 grids and it just doesn't work.

Yes, the IDV is 100% java.  We haven't looked at the 64-bit Java
in detail.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: YRR-987022
Department: Support IDV