[IDV #UNZ-513593]: IDV - error when opening FSL metar netcdf file

Hi Tara-

This is Don this time, instead of Jeff.

> I forgot to include the raob and profiler data in my previous e-mail today
> - please find attached... sorry for the confusion and thanks for the help.

You need to use the RAOB->Soundings: Local chooser to load in the
sounding file since that is specialized to handle that type
of data.   You will also be limited to displaying the data
as SkewT/Stuve plots because we don't handle this for level
plots.

At this point, we don't support the netCDF profiler data.

As for the data subset issues, we recently changed the layout
to include a Use Default checkbox which would use the defaults
set in the Data Source properties.  If you uncheck the Use Default
checkbox, the map will be enabled and then you can subset.  Alternatively
you can right click on the data source and set the properties there.
It also allows you to set binning of the obs if they are not nominally
binned.

BTW, the problem with the mesonet data was one of the max station
size not being set correctly.  GSD (formerly FSL) was supposed to
fix that problem today.

Hope that helps.  Thanks for bringing the mesonet problem to
our attention.

Don

Ticket ID: UNZ-513593
Department: Support IDV