[IDV #KFD-317421]: IDV logging

> Don and/or Jeff,
>
> Does the IDV have a logging capability beyond saving images
> automatically at specified intervals? For example, as students adjust
> the 3-D perspective (azimuth and elevation), is it possible to log
> the azimuth and elevation?
>
> I'm in discussions with a cognitive scientist at a conference on
> visualization in science and education about a minigrant to
> investigate how students use the IDV to learn. We don't know yet
> precisely what we might look at, but any such investigation would be
> aided by quantitative logging capabilities.

The IDV has the ability to record all viewpoint changes in a display.

The attached xml file can be installed as a plugin (or:
runIdv -plugin capturemenubar.xml)

This will give a menu entry in the menu bar that is used to bring
up the "Event Capture" dialog. This records every viewpoint change
which can then be written out. The format for writing this out is a bit
complicated, its literally the 3D matrix.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: KFD-317421
Department: Support IDV
<menubar label="Commands">