[IDV #BMT-190541]: IDV - image sequence using simple difference a-b

Hi HP-

> > You should use the Plan View/Color Shaded Display for formulas instead
> > of the Image Display.  The Image Display is a very specialized display
> > that works best for reading data directly from the server as a sequence
> > of images.  Originally it was called the Image Sequence Display.  As you
> > see,
> > it doesn't work for sequences of images produced by formulas.  Hopefully,
> > we will be able to merge the functionality of loading frames as they are
> > available into the Color Shaded Display this fall.
> >
> Thank you for elaboration on this.
> > If the majority of your differencing is going to be imagery, you could
> > use the parameter defaults to set the preferred color table for the
> > "simpleDifference" field.
> >
> Yes, I know. Only that we do differencing different channel pairs, each
> with its characteristic range . Like with the RGBs I am considering to
> implement formulas for them that could then linked to the appropriate
> colour tables. Of course, I am looking forward to find those formulas
> and the RGBs finally in a "derived field" list (if I understood you
> correctly last week).

I'm working on it, but it's a little more complicated than I thought.
I'm not sure I'll get it done this week due to the holiday tomorrow
and I'm heading to Glacier NP on Friday for a week.

Don

Ticket ID: BMT-190541
Department: Support IDV