[IDV #BMT-190541]: IDV - image sequence using simple difference a-b

Hi HP-

> Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.3a1 build date:@DATE@
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Programme\\IDV_2.3a1\\jre version:
> 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi

Some days I wish I never created the Image Display and just went with the
Color Shaded Plan View display. ;-)

> There is a snag or bug(?) with the formula "simple difference a-b and the
> display type when
> calcuatiing the difference between to images.
> 1. For a single frame it works with Imagery/ImageDislay
> 2. For  a frame sequence using Imagery/ImageDisplay you get an error. It
> works correctly
> however, when using
> Planview/ColourshadedPlanView.
> This is fine once you know about Any comment?

You should use the Plan View/Color Shaded Display for formulas instead
of the Image Display.  The Image Display is a very specialized display
that works best for reading data directly from the server as a sequence
of images.  Originally it was called the Image Sequence Display.  As you see,
it doesn't work for sequences of images produced by formulas.  Hopefully,
we will be able to merge the functionality of loading frames as they are
available into the Color Shaded Display this fall.

If the majority of your differencing is going to be imagery, you could
use the parameter defaults to set the preferred color table for the
"simpleDifference" field.

Don

Ticket ID: BMT-190541
Department: Support IDV