[IDV #NXT-544666]: IDV - list of servers and datasets under Data Chooser

Hi HP-
> Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.3a1 build date:@DATE@
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Programme\\IDV_2.3a1\\jre version:
> 1.5.0_11 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi

It's called life on the bleeding edge. ;-)

We've been doing some work to support the list of ADDE servers as
a set of resources like we do with maps, color tables, etc.

> I note since quite some nightlies that under the Data Chooser the lists of
> servers and
> datasets appear
> 1. to be inconsistent from build to build

Yup.  At least you didn't run into the problem of not having the correct
units returned with the Saturday morning build. ;-)

> 2. to loose sometimes localhost/N and-or 197.17.10.4/EUM_AD (my locals that
> used
> to be carried over from build to build earlier on)

This should now work again (see below).

> 3. to include (at least in one instance) the server EUMETSAT/EUM_AD (which
> would be great)

This is a new feature of the resource which allows us to give an server
a real name.  If you think it should be different than EUMETSAT (which is
just 197.17.10.4), let us know.

> 4. to no more retain the last user server when restarting IDV (which was
> handy)

This is a bug and we'll fix it for tomorrow's build.

The list of user entered servers used to be stored in main.xml and now
it is stored in addeservers.xml.  At one point, it was stored in
addeserver.xml so if you go to your .metapps/DefaultIdv directory and
move addeserver.xml to addeservers.xml, you should see that you get
your local ones back.

> What is going on here?

This is still a work in progress but should settle down later in
the week.  SSEC is working on a resource editor which allows you to
specify which servers server up what datasets as part of their
Mc-V work.  It's similar to the editor in the McIDAS GUI.  Hopefully
we'll be able to incorporate that work into the IDV directly or as
a plugin.

Don

Ticket ID: NXT-544666
Department: Support IDV