[Support #IDC-466573]: Color Scale Disappearing

Hi David-

> Hi Don, I was trying to add a background image in IDV, but when I do,
> I loose the colorscale. I put the image as "low" as possible, but there
> does not
> seem to be away to put the color scale to the top. Any ideas would be
> appreciated.

It's a bug when you are using the perspective view, but I don't have
a quick fix.  There are two workarounds:

- don't use the perspective view (View->Viewpoint->Perspective View
- turn clipping on (View->Show->Clip View At Box)

but they might not be satisfactory.  Placing a scale or label in
the 3D box has been quite a pain and as you see, I haven't gotten
it right yet.  Notice that as you rotate the box, the color
scale will appear from behind the background image.

We're in the process of finalizing a release, but I'll look at a
more permanent fix after that's done.  I'll add it to the bug
list at least for this release.

> ps.. do you prefer to get these sorts of questions using hte IDVUsers
> email? (not quite
> clear on that). Don't know if that gets parsed out to everyone on the list?

address@hidden would be better. (I just forwarded your
message over there).  That goes to our support tracking system.  Also,
changing the subject to reflect the problem would help.

idvusers goes to all IDV users who've signed up, not just Unidata support.

Ticket ID: IDC-466573
Department: Support IDV