[IDV #NEX-682686]: IDV - Depicting Fronts in IDV

Hi Paul-

> Institution: Sts. Peter & Paul High School
> Package Version: 2.1
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: P4 - 600, 1 gig
> Inquiry: Greetings
>
> I've been told that I can somehow get data and depict fronts in the US with
> IDV.  After searching the documentation, email list, and google, I am still
> stumped.

That's because it's in the next version. ;-)

> Is this possible, and if so, can you please walk me through it?  I'm not very
> proficient with this software yet.

We're just about to make a release today or tomorrow, but if you are really
itching to go, you can download the latest version from:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly

In the Data Chooser tab, you'll see a new tab for Fronts.  Currently, this only
allows you to get the current front bulletin that the NWS puts out.  You can
also use the Drawing Control to draw fronts with this release.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: NEX-682686
Department: Support IDV