[IDV #ORE-253451]: IDV - recurring error

Hi Leigh,

> Inquiry: I will explain more later.... Leigh
>
> An error has occurred:
> There was an error loading the data:
> Error creating data source:file.radar with:
> [/ldmdata/data/nexrad2/met312/KGRR/KGRR_20070411_1303,

We think we know and have fixed the problem. We create a tmp directory
(~/.metapps/DefaultIdv/tmp/nj22)
where the netcdf lib writes out tmp files. However, we also scour out the tmp
directories
of things that are > 24 hours old when we first start up. What is probably
happening is that we are
deleting the nj22 tmp dir after we create it.

If you don't run the idv on a regular basis you could start up the idv (which
causes the nj22 dir
to get deleted) then shutdown then start up again. Or just delete the nj22
directory before you
run the IDV.

A fix is in in tomorrow's nightly build available here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release/nightly/index.html

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ORE-253451
Department: Support IDV