[IDV #YVP-391795]: Waypoint

Hi Greg,
I figured out your problem.

First a little background:
The waypopint shape and the regular text shape are really the same
thing. They can show text as well as a marker. The only difference is
the waypoint has the visibility of the marker turned on. The text has it
turned off. From the properties dialog for either you can toggle the visibility
of the marker and change it.

The marker is centered at the lat/lon point. However, the text is aligned
with respect to the lat/lon. You can change that alignment, the default
is the lower left corner of the text is placed at the lat/lon.  However, this
is not exact. We render the text (it can actually be html) and make an image out
of it and then align the corner of the image. Plus, we automatically scale the
text to maintain its size as you zoom.

Now, what it looks like you did is created a text shape (or a waypoint
with the marker turned off) and the text you use is "+". So, it looks like
a marker but its location changes.What you can do is choose a waypoint shape
(the little pin). That will have the marker turned on. You can bring up
the properties and change the marker to a Plus symbol.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: YVP-391795
Department: Support IDV