[IDV #PTI-752485]: IDV -DORADE & radial netCDF support

Hi Joe-

Sorry for the delay in responding. Jeff and I were both out all last week.

> I've written an application to convert REAL lidar bscan files into
> netCDF and DORADE sweepfiles, and have a few questions:
>
> 1) What does IDV expect DORADE sweepfiles to be named?  I produced files
> of the form:
>
> swp.1060616194629.REAL.0.310.0_RHI_v0

> When I try to open DORADE files using IDV, it doesn't see my files.
> When I specify 'All Files', I can open it.
>
> Is there supposed to be a file matching pattern that shows DORADE files
> in an open dialog?

The pattern is:

"swp\..*_$,.*dorade.*"

the _$ is what's messing it up.  That was the file pattern for the
sweeps we got during RICO.  If you can suggest a better pattern,
we can add that in.

> 2) How do I use the netCDF sweepfile adapter in IDV?  I've written the
> sweepfiles in the EOL/RSF radar sweepfile convention, and want to
> display them using IDV.

What version of the IDV are you using?  At one point, the netCDF sweepfile
adapter got hidden.  It is usable in the latest stable release and
nightly builds at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/release

I'm not sure what state the adapter is in at this point.  It hasn't been
used in several years and may need some work.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: PTI-752485
Department: Support IDV