[IDV #QQW-106431]: two apparent errors

Hi Mark-

> I have one bug where the maps.xml file saves the new map file with the
> absolute path on top of the IDV source path.  The attached image was my
> support form to report this error.  I think it covers explaining this
> error.  Let me know if it does not.  I will add that I originally tried
> copying my maps.xml file from my Linux installation to my WinXP
> installation and it did not work citing that it could not find the map file.

This should be fixed in the nightly build.  We found that shortly
after the 2.1 release.

> While filling out this support form I came across something interesting
> in that the mouse did not interact with the support form window.  I
> could not click to move between the different fields in the form, and I
> could not click on the "Submit" button to send the support request.  I
> will add that this error came up during the IDV startup and the support
> form came up at that point.  There are currently three IDV related
> windows on my desktop:
> -the IDV DOS desktop window
> -the Support Request Form
> -the error window from not being able to read in the map
> -opening IDV window with the text "Creating User Interface"
> It has not reached the point where it created the Main window or the
> Dashboard.

I ran into this a couple of times a while back (before 2.1 release),
but have been unable to recreate it since that time.  The only
thing I can guess at is that there is some hidden modal window that
prevents the input.  If you can recreate it regularly, please let
me know the steps that cause this to happen.

Don

Ticket ID: QQW-106431
Department: Support IDV