[Support #ZYT-334660]: IDV level II data in google earth

Hi Nolan-

> I've dumped some level II radar data into Google earth and have noticed
> a navigation problem.  I can get the radar data to overly exactly where
> it should be in Google earth.  I've attached an example image showing
> county lines generated by the IDV and those in Google earth.  There is
> about a 5 mile mis match, quite large for radar data.

I'm guessing that the IDV display in in the native radar projection.
Google Earth only supports rectilinear projections.  Use the
Projections->Use Displayed Area menu to set to a lat/lon projection.
You can then zoom in before saving.

> I've also attached the .kmz file I generated with the IDV.  Any thoughts
> as to how to get the radar properly navigated?

Even with the overhead projection, I notice we're still a little off.  That
may be due to precision issues in the map file we use.  I'll look into
this.

Don

Ticket ID: ZYT-334660
Department: Support IDV