[IDV #WOI-245537]: Vertical Section problem, IDV 2.1, Linux

Hi Rich-

> I just had a very strange problem with IDV 2.1 on my Linux box.
>
> I had made "Color-Shaded Plan View" and "Isosurface" displays
> successfully using "Speed from two components" and then I went to add
> a "Color-Shaded Vertical Cross Section".
>
> I recieved an error saying "adding a container to a container on a
> different GraphicsDevice".
> Screenshot:  http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/rps/share/vsection_bug.png
>
> What the heck is that?
>
> I saved the bundle as
> http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/rps/share/vsection_bug.xidv
>
> but when I try to bring this up now, IDV hangs.
>
> Any ideas?

You are probably using a two monitor system and the Dashboard is
in the second monitor rather than primary one.

If you move the Dashboard over to the primary monitor, you
should avoid this error.

We're looking into a fix for this, but it's not an easy problem
to solve.

Don

Ticket ID: WOI-245537
Department: Support IDV