[Support #ZYT-334660]: IDV level II data in google earth

Hi Nolan-

> For what it's worth, I just jumped in some radar data in DORADE format.
> It snapped in a bit more accurately, however, there is still a bit of a
> navigation problem with this data as well, just not as bad as with the
> level II data.

Are you setting it to the currently viewed area before capturing?
The DORADE projection will be different than the Level II and that
may be what you are seeing.

I looked into our map file and we are using the AWIPS shapefile which
I would guess is pretty accurate.  I've noticed in GE that their
map lines sometimes don't line up with physical features.  I also noticed
that their county outlines are pretty coarse compared to the AWIPS files.

I'm glad you are playing around with this export to KMZ feature.
If you don't know, you can save animations as KMZ and import them
into the latest version (4) of Google Earth which supports time
animation.

Don

Ticket ID: ZYT-334660
Department: Support IDV