Re: Uses of IDV Source

Hi Roy,

> I am hoping you might know the answer to this or point me the
> appropriate person.  Do we violate any of the licenses etc if we use
> some of the classes in IDV to generate images to be displayed on some
> of our web pages?  Or better yet, is there a stripped down version
> that already does this?

I'm Cc:ing Jeff McWhirter in case he has a different opinion, but the
LGPL license used for the IDV should let you make use of any of the
classes in IDV to generate images to display from your web server.  As
far as I know, there is no stripped down version just for creating
images offline.  Here's a support answer from Jeff about scripting the
IDV:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg00592.html

If there are newer capabilities than described in that answer from two
years ago, I hope Jeff can supply the details.

--Russ