[IDV #WHQ-301065]: IDV - Earthquake data needed for the smallest quakes

Stu-

> > Inquiry: I can't find the information where you get the "earthquakes this
> > week" from.
> >
> > Can I change the settings to get all the earthquakes? There is some
> > interest here about seeing all quakes, including less than 2.5 magnitude,
> > such as at Mt St. Helens.
> >
> > For the GEON IDV it would be good to add a
> > third Locations menu option: "All quakes this week", or even more control.
> >

> Those are just usgs rss feeds. I get them from:
> http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/catalogs/eqs7day-M2.5.xml
> http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/catalogs/eqs7day-M5.xml

There isn't a 1 mag group listed for the RSS feed, but I tried:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/catalogs/eqs7day-M1.xml

based on the other URLS and it worked (as a web page).  I created a
userstations.xml in my .metapps/DefaultIdv directory which looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<stationtables>

  <stationtable
     name="Magnitude 1+  in last 7 days"
     category="Earth/Earthquakes"
     href="http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/catalogs/eqs7day-M1.x
ml"/>

</stationtables>

and got a plot.

You could add in a places.xml for GEON that looks like the above.

Don

Ticket ID: WHQ-301065
Department: Support IDV