[IDV #RBH-100594]: IDV - from Meteosat-5 to Meteosat-7 - change in rectification reference longitude

Hi HP-

> Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.2b1
> Operating System: Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.2b1\\jre version:
> 1.5.0_06 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> Inquiry: Hi
>
> Since 1998 EUMETSAT's Indian Ocean Data Coverage (IODC) was done with
> Meteosat-5,
> and with her imagery recitified to 63?E. In January 2007 Meteosat-7 (the of
> the first generation)
> has taken over from Meteosat-5. With that lem with the navigationthe image
> recitification reference has been
> shifted from 63?E to 57?E. As you can see in the attached the shift reflected
> in IDV.
>
> Do you have to update the IDV data base, or is there a problem with the
> information  given
> in the retrieved files (in this case McIDAS format from U-MARF)?

The IDV gets the navigation information from the file and runs it
through the McIDAS nav routine which has been converted to Java.
So we rely on what's in the file and the correctness of the routine.

If you display them in McIDAS, do they get navigated correctly?
If so, that means that there is a problem with the Java version
of the navigation.  If not, then there is either a problem with
what's in the file, or the McIDAS routine.  In that case, I'd
suggest having Marianne contact the MUG.

Don

Ticket ID: RBH-100594
Department: Support IDV