[Support #CAM-696417]: Run IDV on Webserver

Hi Tony,
This is Jeff.

> I am trying to setup my own webserver on my Fedora Core 5 PC.  I would like
> to be able to run IDV on the server.
>
> I have tried copying the entire IDV software into the folder which contains
> my website domain on my personal server (/root/Desktop/abyssws/htdocs).  When
> I try to run IDV, using a web browser, it will not run.
>
> I would be grateful, if you could help me to get this running on my server.
> Many thanks in advance.

I'm not sure how your web server is configured but usually you can't just place
executables
anywhere and have the server run them. You usually have to put them in a cgi
area.

Now that said, I'm assuming you want to generate some imagery through web
interactions?
If so, the problem is that there is substantial start up time of the IDV (a
java thing)
so it probably won't work well in that context. We will be doing some work this
spring
to allow for the IDV to run all of the time in the background to overcome this
limitation.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: CAM-696417
Department: Support IDV