[IDV #UZW-457508]: IDV causing hard crash of Windows XP.

Hi James-

> I have been able to reproduce a conditions that causes a hard crash and
> automatic reboot of my Computer.  Here is the information you requested
> in you on-line support documents.
> *     the version of the IDV that you are using: V 2.1
> *     how you download and run the IDV: InstallAnywhere
> *     your operating system and version level: Windows XP SP2, Latest
> Patches as Jan. 11, 2007
> *     any messages on the console: None
> *     exact data source and parameter choice: None
> *     types of display being made and in use: None
> *     the sequence of IDV actions and choices that caused the problem:
> \Display\Current Views\View\Full Screen
>
> I am using a Dell Optiplex GX260 with a Pentium 4 2.53GHz processor and
> 1.00 GB of RAM.  I have a pair of Dell monitors attached to a Radeon VE
> (7000 AGP) with 32MB of video memory.  Every time I have attempted to
> use the Full Screen option my computer completely reboots.  I believe
> that I may be able to capture and forward the diagnostic files generated
> by Windows during it's crash process.

Do you have the latest video driver for your Radeon card?  The
Windows XP default patches don't necessarily include drivers.
That would be the first thing to check.

Secondly, you should find a dump file from the video card, probably
in the directory you installed the IDV to.  It would have a file
name like hs_err<pid>.log  where <pid> will be a process id number.
If you find this, would you send it along?

Sorry for the problems.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: UZW-457508
Department: Support IDV