[IDV #VGH-288528]: IDV - Error with trying to access the Satellite Datasets...

Hi Jacob-

> In regards to the problem I am having with trying to connect to the
> servers in the Satellite Chooser, I was searching around in the IDV
> directory folder and found a file called error.log in the main IDV
> directory.  I do not know if this will be of any help, but it may be
> what you are looking for.  I have attached the file to this email.  It
> reads out what appears to be an error log that contains information
> relating to the problem I am having.

Thanks for this file.  It shows that the system is having problems
looking up the local host IP address.

> I will say that this past weekend I went into the Network Configuration
> on the PC that is having the trouble connecting and changed the Hostname
> to localhost.localdomain1 because I was trying to get my Network to
> operate properly but it turned out to be no use.  It seems like I first
> began to have the problem connecting to the Satellite Servers after I
> made these Network changes.  The very first error message I received
> with the Satellite Servers was different from the ones thereafter; it
> described a problem with localhost.localdomain1, so I changed it back to
> localhost.localdomain.  But that did not work as thereafter, I received
> a different error message, the one I sent to you in the first email
> concerning this issue.  I am sorry about this.

I'm guessing that this error log was generated when you had
changed the name since it points to localhost.localdomain1.
I'm not sure why you didn't get the attachment, but I'll try
again.  If it doesn't come through this time, then create
a file called imagedefaults.xml in the installation directory
with a text editor that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<imagedefaults>
  <default name="*" debug="true"/>
</imagedefaults>