[IDV #VGH-288528]: IDV - Error with trying to access the Satellite Datasets...

Hi Jacob-

> I tried to disable the firewall to see if that was the problem, but I
> continue to receive the same error message.

Save the attached imagedefaults.xml file to the directory where you
installed the IDV.  Open a terminal window, change to that directory
and the type:

./runIDV -plugin imagedefaults.xml

Then, go to the satellite chooser and try to connect.  You will
see some debug information in the terminal window.  Copy that
from the terminal and send it back to me so I can track this
down a bit more.

Don Murray

> On Tue, 2006-12-26 at 09:08 -0700, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > Hi Jacob-
> >
> > > Institution: HOME
> > > Package Version: 2.1
> > > Operating System: Linux
> > > Hardware Information: Java: home: /root/IDV_2.1/jre version: 1.5.0_06
> > > j3d:1.3.1
> > > Inquiry: I am having trouble with trying to connect to the Satellite
> > > Datasets from all given
> > > servers in the Data Source Chooser.  I have the IDV installed on both of
> > > my Linux-Based
> > > Computers and the unique thing is that the error is occuring on this
> > > computer alone
> > > and not the other one.  The other computer is able to access the servers
> > > with no problem.
> > > The error message that I get does not give me the option to to copy the
> > > message
> > > right into the email, but I have saved a screen-shot that shows the error
> > > message and have attached it to this email.
> > > Thank you very much for your time; Have a Happy New Year.
> >
> > Since it works from your other machine, my guess would be that you
> > have a firewall blocking port 112 on the machine that can't connect.
> > Check to see if the port is blocked and if so, then unblock it.
> >
> > Don Murray
> >
> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: VGH-288528
> > Department: Support IDV