[IDV #VGH-288528]: IDV - Error with trying to access the Satellite Datasets...

Hi Jacob-

> Institution: HOME
> Package Version: 2.1
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware Information: Java: home: /root/IDV_2.1/jre version: 1.5.0_06
> j3d:1.3.1
> Inquiry: I am having trouble with trying to connect to the Satellite Datasets
> from all given
> servers in the Data Source Chooser.  I have the IDV installed on both of my
> Linux-Based
> Computers and the unique thing is that the error is occuring on this computer
> alone
> and not the other one.  The other computer is able to access the servers with
> no problem.
> The error message that I get does not give me the option to to copy the
> message
> right into the email, but I have saved a screen-shot that shows the error
> message and have attached it to this email.
> Thank you very much for your time; Have a Happy New Year.

Since it works from your other machine, my guess would be that you
have a firewall blocking port 112 on the machine that can't connect.
Check to see if the port is blocked and if so, then unblock it.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: VGH-288528
Department: Support IDV