[IDV #AZA-630262]: IDV - reset level of Altitude plan view and 3d relief displays

Hi Stu-

Just cleaning up old support requests.  With 2.1RC2, you can set the
position of a 2D plan view anywhere in the box with a position slider
in the control window.

Don

> > Institution: UNAVCO
> > Package Version: 1.3 beta 2
> > Operating System: linux
> > Hardware Information: usual
> > Inquiry: It appears that plan views of Altitude and 3D relief maps of
> > altitude are always set at the
> > bottom of the wireframe box -- even when the
> > bottom of the wireframe box is 500 km below the surface, to plot
> > earthquakes.
> >
> > A workaround is to set the bottom of the wireframe box at 0 km minimum; you
> > can still plot and see the earthquakes -- but then clipping at the
> > wireframe box does not work, which we need to
> > remove earthquakes outside the area.
> >
> > WMS images have a display control to reposition the image in the wireframe
> > box. It would be good to do the same for altitude plan views and 3D relief
> > plots.
>
> It's on our list of things to do. Not sure when we can get it done.  If
> you'd like to take a stab and contribute it back, that would be great.
>
> The code is mostly all there.  The sticky issue is when to show the slider
> because a field can be 2D alone (which is when you want it), or it can
> be 2D draped over topography.  You'd also have to account for the case
> where the user changes the parameter to a 3D field and then you'd have to
> reconfigure the display control window to show the level selector.

Ticket ID: AZA-630262
Department: Support IDV