[IDV #MPR-281760]: Problem reading Grib file from IDV

Hi Dan-

> I am getting the following error message when attempting to read a Grib
> file:
>
> NotSupportedException : ucar.grib.NotSupportedException: table for center:
> 59 subCenter: 0 number: 129

This indicates that the parameter table for that particular grib message
is missing.

> I've attached the results of wgrib on this file.
>
> You will notice a similar looking message there:
>
> Undefined parameter table (center 59-0 table 2), using NCEP-opn
>
> I am told this error is seen all the time but doesn't appear to
> be a show-stopper for our work here.  Is it a show-stopper for IDV?

Not a show stopper, but an annoyance.  The wgrib program must have
a default table that it uses if it can't find the right table.  That
may give incorrect results, but at least it doesn't stop the program
dead in it's tracks.  That's a feature request for the grib decoder
that the IDV uses.

> I also did notice from a google search a related email exchange but couldn't
> figure out how this might help me here:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/thredds/msg00609.html

What version of the IDV are you using?  According to that message, Robb
was going to add it to the grib tables that the IDV uses.  If you are
not using the latest, please try that since the table may be in that release.

If you are using the latest and still have problems, I can provide a
work around until we get that table in the distribution.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: MPR-281760
Department: Support IDV