[IDV #KQE-652588]: IDV - (streamline) Flow vectors not displaying...

Hi Jacob-

> Hey, I never had this problem with earlier versions of the IDV.
> I am displaying a plan view, not a cross section.
> When I load the wind barbs, then load a vector display and try to
> check the streamline box on the Vector display control window, nothing
> happens.  I get no response from the IDV.  I have no idea what could be
> happening, I never had this problem with earlier versions of the IDV.

It sounds like theres some sort of deadlock.  Here's what I'd
like you to try:

- go through the steps that cause the problem
- when the system is locked, open a new terminal window.
- in that window, type

    ps -eaf | grep java

  which will list out the process for the idv.
- find the process id and then type:

    kill -3 pid

  replacing pid with the process id from the ps listing.
- copy and paste that listing to an email and send it to support-idv.

Thanks.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: KQE-652588
Department: Support IDV