[IDV #QIG-697320]: 3d

Hi Mike-

> Thanks.  I was able to make the plot, although it really didn't look 3D.
> I would need to view the map from an angle I guess to get the 3d
> appearance.

Oops, I forgot to add a step.  Presumably, your canopy heights are
pretty low.  The default range for the IDV map display is 0 to 16 km,
thus things look squished.  It does not autoscale by default.
So, you just need to change the vertical scale.  You can do this
by clicking on the little scale icon (looks like a comb) in the
Viewpoint toolbar on the left of the display or through the
View->Viewpoint->Vertical Scale menu, or the View->Properties
dialog under the Vertical Scale tab.

Don

Ticket ID: QIG-697320
Department: Support IDV