[IDV #VRQ-565220]: IDV - display label font/colour

HP-

> Okay as regards font and size selection. But the font colour does not
> change ....

The problem is that the displays have their own control over the
color from previous versions but now we are trying to influence them
from the preferences.

If you have an existing bundle, it will use the colors that were saved
in the bundle.  Any new displays will use the default color.

I initially went with applying the default color, but I have a
bundle where I specifically set the colors and I didn't like that
it changed so I went with the current behavior.  Since the users can
change the color, I wanted to preserve that knowledge, regardless of
the preference.

However, I'm open to changing this logic so let me ponder it a bit
to see if I can do both.

Don
> Unidata IDV Support wrote:
> > HP-
> >
> >> Institution: EUMETSAT
> >> Package Version: 2.1b2
> >> Operating System: Windows XP
> >> Hardware Information: Java: home: C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.1b2\\jre
> >> version: 1.5.0_06 j3d:1.3.2 fcs (build12)
> >> Inquiry: Hi again
> >>
> >> Back from Arabian climate It appears that in recent builds you have been
> >> fiddling around with
> >> text fonts/colour.of the Display Label. I seem to remeber that we discussed
> >> that topic already weeks ago. From then I understand that the labels get
> >> stacked (McIDAS)
> >> while changing colour for each new display. This is fine for many
> >> applications.
> >>
> >> However, every now and then I have coloured  imagery that happens to have
> >> similar colour as the label and it is hard to read the label. Wouldn't it
> >> be possible to have
> >> an option where one could fix the label colour to one selectable colour
> >> for all label creates i
> >> n the same window. And as we already discuss that, to change at least some
> >> font
> >> characteristics like bolding.
> >
> > Tomorrow's build will have the option for the user to set the Display List
> > properties (font, style, size and color).  You can set this globally or
> > for each individual display.
> >
> > Thanks for the suggestion.
> >
> > Don
> >

> > Ticket Details