[IDV #TJE-306333]: IDV - Broken ISL Scripting

> What I'm really trying to accomplish is to have a user submit some
> data for processing.  When the data is finished processing I would
> like the processing software generate a NetCDF file and a means to
> easily load the data into IDV, point and click style.
>
> I looked into JNLP, but basically that just back to hacking bundle
> files and encoding them.
>
> ISL looks promising, but I can't seem to get any ISL working.  Tom W.
> synced our IDV source tree this morning and I re-compiled but I still
> get the ClassCastExceptions.
>
> I created a bundle called boilerplate.xidv with a single datasoure
> with ID datasource1.  I then wrote the following ISL script:

Bruce,
A couple of things are going on here. First, the class cast exception is not
the one
you were having but a different one. This one comes from the use of the
fileset in the isl. I'll fix that.  Secondly, it looks like you are loading in
a number of different grid files. Our grid data source only takes one file/url
reference.

If all you want to do is load in a datasource into the IDV and *not*
automatically
create displays just do:
 -datasource <opendap url>
on the command line.

You can also specify the -setfiles on the command line as well.

> It looks to me that I'm not giving the display tag what it wants.
> The ISL docs for the display tag isn't really giving me the clues I
> need, are there specific examples of using a display tag?

I'll try to track down why you got the error using the display tag.
The display tag isn't very fleshed out yet. If you want to automatically
create displays I would suggest the bundle route.  There are probably
some issues with using the ISL in a an interactive mode as well.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TJE-306333
Department: Support IDV