[IDV #TJE-306333]: IDV - Broken ISL Scripting

> About the params...  What params is it expecting?  This is a little
The param attribute  is the name of the parameter you want to create
a display for.

> off topic of the ticket, but I'm really trying to set up a display
> for an OPeNDAP hosted NetCDF file via scripting.  Am I on the right
> track with the ISL?  I've already tried hacking the bundle files, but
> it seems that everything in there has a whole host of dependancies
> that are difficult to separate.  Is there a better way to
> programmatically generate a bundle or ISL script for viewing dataset(s)?

So, you are trying to automatically trying to create a display for a number
of  opendap  data sources? i.e., same type of display, different data?
One thing you could do is interactively load a representative data source
and create the displays you want. Then, in the isl load that bundle
but change the url of the data with the setfiles tag, described here:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/isl/DataAndDisplays.html

This way you can change whatever settings for the displays (e.g., levels, color
tables, etc., viewpoints).

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TJE-306333
Department: Support IDV