[IDV #TJE-306333]: IDV - Broken ISL Scripting

> Firstly, thanks for helping me out with this...

No problem. We're here to serve (though tips are always appreciated :-)).

> > If all you want to do is load in a datasource into the IDV and
> > *not* automatically
> > create displays just do:
> >  -datasource <opendap url>
> > on the command line.
> >

> I would very much like to load a datasource and create a meaningful
> default display, but it seems that loading the dataset is about all
> I'll be able to accomplish in an automated fashion.

No, you can get what you need. The simplest way is to have your boilerplate
bundle that has a representative data set loaded and displays created.
When you run the idv just run it with:
idv boilderplate.xidv -setfiles ".*" <the file/url that you really want to load>

The idv will replace the original url in the boilerplate bundle with the one
specified on the command line. This can also be put into a generated jnlp
file in the command line args section of the jnlp xml

Another way of doing this is to use a brand new and wholly undocumented
feature of the IDV bundles (I just did this last week). Bundles can now contain
macros of the form: ${macroname}. When a bundle is loaded the macros
are replaced with some of the known directory paths (e.g., user path, site path,
etc.) and also any -Dname=value command line argument properties. So, you could
also edit your boilerplate bundle, replacing the dods url with:
${dodsurl}
Then when you run the idv pass in the argument:
-Ddodsurl=<the dods url>

Also - I am fixing the other various errors you've encountered. Some of this
functionality has not been exercised very well. Sorry about that but also,
thanks
for finding these.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: TJE-306333