[IDV #DZZ-192816]: IDV - Java error at runtime

Hi James-

> Institution: University of Hawaii
> Package Version: 2.0
> Operating System: Redhat Enterprise 4 (linux)
> Hardware Information: Intel PC
> Inquiry: I've downloaded the install script for IDV_2.0 and ran it on my
> linux machine (Redhat, kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL).  When I execute "runIDV", I
> get the following error (an IDV window opens very briefly, then closes):

This is a known problem of a conflict between the DRI module and
Java 3D.  To fix this, you need to comment out the loading of
the dri module in your X configuration file (xorg.conf).  See the
FAQ item relating to this at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/userguide/Faq.html#faq1_cat6_33

Don Murray
> #
> # An unexpected error has been detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
> #
> #  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0xb1e9c4ce, pid=2613, tid=2937572272
> #
> # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.5.0_06-b05 mixed mode, sharing)
> # Problematic frame:
> # C  [i915_dri.so+0x14c4ce]
> #
> # An error report file with more information is saved as
> /tmp/hs_err_pid2613.log#
> # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
> #   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
> #
>
> I've attached the err_pic logfile as attachment 1.  Thanks for any
> suggestions,
>
> Jim Potemra
> U. Hawaii

Ticket ID: DZZ-192816