[IDV #UFY-100888]: el nino favorite

Hi Bill-

> I did the following:
> 1. chose from list of favorites the El Nino La Nina Comparison;
> 2. clear all data and displays;
> 3. chose form list of favorites the current sea surface temperature
> display;
> 4. clear all data and displays;
> 5. chose a gfs model run from catalog, chose geopotential and
> contour plan view, at just one time;
> 6. when displayed, I can only view the geopotential field at 1000
> mb; i.e. not at 850 or 500, etc. At
> the other levels, I see a map but no height contours.
>
> If I restart the IDV; skip the favorite items and do right to the
> display - it works as it should.
>
> After #6 above I saved a bundle, which is attached.

The problem is that the El Nino bundle sets the vertical scale
to be -200 to 20 m so when you try to display data that above
the surface from the GFS, it ends up plotting in front of
the front clipping plane.  You can either:

- reset the vertical scale to be 0 to 16 km
- zoom way out to see the other levels. ;-)

Restarting the IDV resets the vertical scale. This is an issue that
has no good solution. If you have any suggestions, let us know.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: UFY-100888
Department: Support IDV