[IDV #QSA-988894]: IDV and WRF registry

Hi Craig-

> We want to pare down our WRF model registry file to reduce the number
> of variables that are written out and, hence, the size of the WRF
> output file.
>
> Are there key variables we need to retain so we can continue to
> generate graphics using IDV? I imagine that IDV needs (lat,lon),
> projection information, vertical coordinate spacing for interpolating
> and computing isosurfaces, etc. Is there a list of these key
> variables somewhere?

Most of the metadata that is used for geolocation is contained
in the global attributes or the dimension variables.  So, if
you are just deleting unneeded variables, you should be okay.
I don't have a definitive list and the person who knows the
code inside and out is away for a couple of weeks.

I'll cc' Tom Baltzer in case he has info on this.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: QSA-988894
Department: Support IDV