[IDV #ZPG-457209]: IDV - pre-fix f(x) under Fields when selecting Data sources Formulas

HP,
> Inquiry: Since a couple of builds when creating images through Formulas hhe
> formula description
> have "f(x)" pre-fixed. I hope that  this is not intended to be an improvement
> but rather a bug.
> Sorry, but for me it is a waste of space.

Well, it was intended. We recently added icons for various types of data
including formulas
and derived quantities. We have toned down the formula icon so it is not so
obstrusive.
You can also not show any of the icons by setting the property:

idv.ui.datatree.showicons=false

Either in an idv.properties file in ~/.metapps/DefaultIdv
or from the command line:
runIDV  -Didv.ui.datatree.showicons=false

> BTW, also since a couple of builds, the NullPointerExecption has disappeard
> when creating
> a sequence of pictures through my RGB formulas, i.e. I can now create RGB
> movies in
> one go. That is marvellous. Thank you for eliminating this bug.

Good. Not sure what we did to fix this but if its fixed we'll take credit for
it :-)

-Jeff

Ticket ID: ZPG-457209
Department: Support IDV