[IDV #HFB-121149]: IDV - formulThree color (RGB) image

HP-

> Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.1b1
> Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> java.version:1.5.0_06; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.1b1\\jre;
> j3d.version:1.3.2 fcs (build12); j3d.vendor:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;
> j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> Inquiry: The system formula Three color (RGB) image has the same problem I
> originally had with
> my RGB routines when feeding it with the same image for two colour planes. I
> propose
> that you use the GridUtil.setParamType construct as I had been advised to do.
>
> Just to give you a practical application of such a formula call. We often mix
> the M8HRV with
> a M8 channel (e.g. VIS1.6 or IR10.8) in this way:
> R     HRV
> G     HRV
> B     M8
> This gives nice slightly coloured pictures that preserve the higher spatial
> resolution.

Thanks for this info.  I've modified the formula to call a new Jython
procedure:

def combineRGB(red, green, blue):
  from ucar.unidata.data.grid.GridUtil import *
  red=setParamType(red,makeRealType("redimage"), 0)
  green=setParamType(green,makeRealType("greenimage"), 0)
  blue=setParamType(blue,makeRealType("blueimage"), 0)
  return DerivedGridFactory.combineGrids([red,green,blue],1)

instead of combineFields().  This will be in tomorrow's (8/30) build.

BTW, Jeff put in a fix for the problem you encountered with the
support form.  If the message is not sent successfully, the form
will be displayed and your message will still be there.  If nothing
else, you can cut and paste the text to another app so you won't lose it.
We're not sure what went wrong, but this will at least keep you from
losing all your work.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: HFB-121149
Department: Support IDV