[IDV #HGK-598890]: IDV - IDV crashes after nvidia driver upgrade from 8762 to 8774

Hi Dave-

> Institution: none
> Package Version: 2.0
> Operating System: Linux (PCLinuxOS)
> Hardware Information: 3.2 Ghz P4 - XFX 6800 128 meg nvidia card
> Inquiry: IDV 2.0 crashes just before the map display comes up after upgrading
> nvidia driver from 8762 to 8774.  Bug report was submitted to nvidia, but
> they cannot reproduce the problem.  I've tried a complete clean install of
> IDV to no avail.  Crach dump is attached.

Boy, I'm stumped on this one.  A couple of suggestions:

- look at your xorg.conf file and if Load "dri" is in there, comment it
out and try again.  Usually if this is the problem, the error stack
is different.
- back out to the previous driver version. ;-)
- It could be a glibc problem since we are using an older version of
Java 3D.  You could try to install the latest Linux Java 1.5 and then
install Java 3D 1.3.2 on top of that and point to that version in
the runIDV script instead of the one that came with the installer.
You can get Java from java.sun.com and Java 3D 1.3.2 from
https://java3d.dev.java.net/binary-builds-old.html.  Java 3D 1.4
requires higher versions of GLX, so try 1.3.2 first.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: HGK-598890
Department: Support IDV