[IDV #YBC-447577]: IDV - reading EUMETSAT BUFR products

HP-

 Institution: EUMETSAT
> Package Version: 2.1b1
> Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> java.version:1.5.0_06; java.home:C:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.1b1\\jre;
> j3d.version:1.3.2 fcs (build12); j3d.vendor:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;
> j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> Inquiry: Hi
>
> Earlier on I asked about IDV's capability to read BUFR coded EUMETSAT
> products. In the
> meantime I done some research on details. In the first attached file you find
> an email
> with precise indications what BUFR tables version is used. The open question
> would be
> what table format is compatible with IDV. I also attach a sample BUFR
> product, one time
> slot of Atmospheric Motion Vectors.

This was not attached (only the HTML reference) . Could you please send
a sample file?

> It would be of real value if  the BUFR products by EUMETSAT could be
> displayed in IDV.
> This, together with debugged GRIB2 capability (see seperate email) would then
> make IDV
> the centrla viewer for EUMETSAT products.

I'm cc'ing the person who is doing the BUFR decoder work and he can
best evaluate the documents you sent.

Ticket ID: YBC-447577
Department: Support IDV