[IDV #CMX-320905]: IDV - Displaying Archive III Composite Reflectivity

Hi Dean-

> Institution: Private Citizen
> Package Version: 2.0RC3
> Operating System: os.name:Windows XP; os.arch:x86; os.version:5.1;
> Hardware Information: java.vendor:Sun Microsystems Inc.;
> java.version:1.5.0_06; java.home:F:\\Program Files\\IDV_2.0RC3\\jre;
> j3d.version:1.4.0 fcs (build11); j3d.vendor:Sun Microsystems, Inc.;
> j3d.renderer:OpenGL;
> Inquiry: IDV has a problem decoding  Archive III Composite Reflectivity and
> cannot display it.
> Starting with the Dashboard, I select the Composite Reflectivity from the
> local file system
> using Data Chooser and IDV was able to recognize the file.  However within the
> "Field Selector" tab, the "Fields" and "Displays" columns were blank and the
> "Create
> Display" button was greyed out.
>
> The Archive III data in question has AWIPS header "NCR" and product code "37"

We just released version 2.0 which handles these errors better.  The only
Level III products this version handles are the Base Reflectivity,
Base Velocity, and Base Storm Velocity products.  We will be working on
supporting
more of Level III products in a future release.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: CMX-320905
Department: Support IDV