[IDV #RRP-718801]: IDV - Contour Labels creating problems again...

Hi Jacob-

> Hey, that worked, I really appreciate it.  Thank you a lot for your
> help.  I have a question, can there be a way that I can retrieve offshore
> buoy reports and ship reports for the US coastline and plot them on the map
> in the IDV, similar to the surface (METAR) observations data?  Also, in
> regards to microwave satellite data, I use CIMSS in the IDV, is there a way
> to retrieve and display other types of Microwave satellite data and SSM/I
> data?  From the http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/training-bin/training.cgi
> website, they discuss the SSM/I 85 GHz channel.  Could it be possible to
> display this data in the IDV?  In regards to something I discussed a couple
> weeks ago with Don Murray about retrieving new datasets, I am having a hard
> time understanding how I could use the Datasource class that would read it
> in and transform that data so that I could use it in the IDV.  Thank you
> very much for your time, God Bless you.

You would have to program your own Java subclass of the DataSourceImpl to
read in a new format.  If you have just a gif, JPEG or PNG image and you
know the 4 corners of the image, you could read in the image and then apply
the Navigated Image formula to it to set the navigation.  See the section of
the Workshop Guide on this topic at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/IDV/docs/workshop/datadisplays/misc/GeoLocatedImage.html

Don Murray

Ticket ID: RRP-718801