[IDV #XNA-384239]: IDV - Data from MM5 netCDF to IDV supported netCDF

Hi Mark-

> I am still having problems loading the MM5 fsf file in IDV after I put the
> NCML file in the directory with it. What are the steps I need to do in IDV to
> correctly access the data?

Sorry, I might not have been clear in my last message.  Put the ncml file
in the same directory as the fsf file.  Note that the ncml file has the
name of the file defined, so if you are trying to use this with another file,
you'll have to edit the ncml accordingly.  Open the ncml file in the IDV
from the file chooser instead of the fsf file.

> I am afraid that I do not have any documentation on hand for valid entries
> for grid_type and other navigation parameters for the NUWG conventions. If I
> am able to get them I will be sure to pass them on to you.

Okay, we'll see if we can dig something up from FSL (now GSD) since it is
their convention.

> Thank you very much for all the help,

No problem.  BTW, you list your institution as contractor.  What are you
looking to use the IDV for?

Don Murray

Ticket ID: XNA-384239
Department: Support IDV