[IDV #ZSD-139205]: IDV - RHI Does Not Plot

Hi Greg-

> Just loaded preview ...
>
> 1) D3D (runIDV.bat) does not work get something about can't find libraries
> etc. OpenGL ok ...

Can you send along the errors?  I just tried it using the same version
of Java/Java 3D that is in the installer and didn't have problems.  Are
you running the installer or through WebStart?

> 2) Level II Spectrum Width not displaying correctly --- values -128 to -64.5?
> Values should be 0 or greater ..

Thanks for finding this.  We'll have a look.

> 3) Radial Velocity wrong default color table ...

Okay. We will fix this.  The name for the radial velocity changed from
Radial Velocity to Velocity For a quick fix, load in a velocity sweep and
change it to the one you want.  Also, set the default range you want.  Then,
from the display control's File->Save menu, choose "Save as Parameter Default"
and the IDV will use those values in the future.

> 4) Probe Reflectivity and Radial Velocity not showing correct values. Where
> there are echoes getting missing or values too low...

Was this working in 1.3B2?  I've had mixed results trying to probe the
Level II data.

> When you say you can read Level III files from disk are these Level III files
> from NCDC? All Level III or just reflectivity, radial velocity, and spectrum
> width files ..

Just the radial products, not things like VAD or raster displays. This
has not been fully tested, so if you want to tr

> RHI seems to be working OK ..

Good news. ;-)

>5) Times of beginning of lowest elevation scan not correct .... BMX time
>14:16:25Z >on display shows 14:18:29Z. Not sure if elevations angles are
>correct. NCDC viewer >1.76 degrees IDV 1.69 degrees

The times is a problem.

The old IDV code and the NCDC viewer use the same
code for determining the level (elevation of first radial at a sweep).  The
new code uses the average elevation angle for the entire sweep, thus the
difference.  Which do you think is better to use?

> More later ...

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Don

Ticket ID: ZSD-139205
Department: Support IDV