[IDV #SZD-129948]: IDV - Installaion of Java 3D

Hi Phillip-

> Institution: Desert Research Institute
> Package Version: 1.3 Beta 2
> Operating System: MS Windows XP
> Hardware Information: Dell Optiplex GX620
> Inquiry: Hello,
>
> I'm still running into problems with doing a case on IDV.  I went and
> installed Java 3D API 1.4.0_01 on my machine and it's located in the java
> directory on my C: drive.  This was in response to the javax/vecmath/Tuple3f
> error.  Now when I start IDV, I get numerous error messages on the prompt and
> I'm not able to get the IDV viewing window anymore.  All I get is the Field
> Selector and the IDV Help tips window.  The IDV that I have is running on a
> remote server and the specs are that the OS is Sun and the hardware is SunW,
> Sun-Fire-280R.  Any help that you can provide will be useful.  Thank you for
> your help and time.

When you say the IDV is installed on a remote server, are you just
running it with the command pointing to the JAR files on the remote
server, but using the local java?

From your error message, it shows:

Java 3D WARNING : reported GLX version = 1.2
   GLX version 1.3 or higher is required
    The reported version number may be incorrect.  There is a known
    ATI driver bug in glXQueryVersion that incorrectly reports the GLX
    version as 1.2 when it really is 1.3, so Java 3D will attempt to
    run anyway.

Looks like it tried, but wasn't successful.   We are not yet supporting
Java 3D 1.4 on windows, but even the 1.3.2 version needs GLX 1.3.  The
latest ATI video driver support this, so you should update your video
driver to the latest version.  You can usually get this through the
Windows updates.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Don Murray

Ticket ID: SZD-129948