[IDV #NIW-567626]: Error report failure?

Hi Dave-

Just for completeness (and to test out our new support inquiry
system), I'll respond to this message even though I think you
are all set.

> Cancel that last message. I failed to notice that the list of
> candidate "Data Source Types" in the Data Source Chooser was longer
> than the menu window, and I simply had to scroll down far enough to
> see "Level II Radar" and select it. That allowed me to load
> successfully the uncompressed, archived Level II radar data I'd
> downloaded from NCDC.
>
> However, although I put the data in a local directory of the form:
> ../040522_nebraska_trndos/KOAX/KOAX20040522_160213
>
> (that is, the data file resides in a directory named after the
> station, KOAX), the IDV doesn't seem able to figure out where the
> station is and plot the radar data for it--I just get the blank
> default map of North America.

One of the reasons we had to have a separate chooser for Level II is
to be able to select the station information.  Older Level II data
does not have any information in it about where in the world the
data are valid.  So, you could plot Denver's data over Albany, NY.

By default, it sets the lat/lon/alt to 0,0,0, so if you have
Reproject with new data turned on, it should plot it over
Africa.  If you do load in the data using the File Chooser,
you can change the location of the data using the Properties
dialog of the Data Source (right click on the Datasource in
the Field Selector and select properties).  Under the
Properties tab (seems kinda redundant), there's a dropdown
list that allows you to set the location.  Unfortunately,
I noticed it does not go off and reload any displays, so I'll
put that on the list of things to do.

> The plot control window includes the item:  "Station: Re", confirming
> that it didn't get the station data.
>
> There's a message in the bottom left corner of the blank North
> American map that says "domain must be only spatial", but I don't
> know how to act on that info, if in fact I can act on it.

Hmm, I didn't get this, so I'm not sure what's going on. Which display
type did you use?

> I don't see anything else in the documentation that might give me a
> lead. Am I missing something?

Not any more!

Don

Ticket ID: NIW-567626