20051220: Problem with Geo-Subsetting 3D field

Hi Rich,

I saw that caveat about staggered grids.
But the temperature variable is at the grid cell centers, where the vertical coordinate is defined, and usually IDV behaves nicely. It's usually only slicing of U and V that IDV doesn't like, because it can't figure out the vertical coordinate.

As a test, I eliminated everything except the info on the grid cell centers (no longer a staggered grid) and it still bombs.

Try to geo-subset "temp" in this non-staggered file:

http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/rps/share/geo_subset_bug.nc

At least I couldn't do it.

I'll check it out but I am sure its the known problem.
Don is out for the holidays but when he gets back he'll take a crack at this.

BTW, this is very cool. I almost feel guilty mentioning my problem!

Thanks. It still has some kinks but it is is going to be pretty critical for large grids to ahve this capability. And, please don't hesitate to share your problems/issues/etc with
us.

-Jeff