20051220: Problem with Geo-Subsetting 3D field

Hi Rich,

I think there is a problem Geo-Subsetting 3D fields with IDV 1.3B1.

In this bundle:
http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/rps/share/geo_subset_bug.xidv

You can see that 2D displays on the Geo-Subsetted data work fine, but 3D displays on the Geo-Subsetted data (e.g. "3d grid=>"temp"=>"Color-Shaded Plan View") croak with:

An error has occurred: Couldn't get data  SampledSet.init_samples:
 sample#2 length 192000 doesn't match expected length
 132000

We encountered that same error with your files when testing but felt that we should release
anyways (since the subsetting does work on the far majority of grid files).

Our apologies for not including the caveat in the announcement.
We mentioned that (in small print :-)) here: http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/ReleaseNotes.html#faq1_cat3_9
"This does not work for staggered grids yet."

-Jeff