20051211: IDV - Observation data from file system could not display

>From: "Jie Gong" <address@hidden>

Hi-

>     I also used type of point data, but still couldn't work. Besides, IDV 1.1
>  seemed having the same problem with this type of data on the same computer.
> So could you please download this data for a trial?
>     Thank you very much. If there's any problem with downloading data, please
>  inform me.
>     Have a nice day!

Thanks for providing a sample file.  The reason that these particular
files are not being read is because we don't handle char time parameters.

What is your source of these files?  They appear to be using a WXP
decoder.  Are you using WXP?  If not, I would suggest that you
move to using the Unidata netCDF decoders.  The IDV can read that
version of netCDF.  You can find more information at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/decoders/index.html

Don Murray