20050826: IDV 1.2 for linux: strange messages

>From: Rich Signell <address@hidden>

Hi Rich-

It looks like the problem is caused by us upgrading to the 1.3.2 version
of Java 3D.  Apparently a change was made that requires GLX 1.3.

For now, until we have a permanent solution, try the following:

- Download the 1.2RC1 Linux installer from:

http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/software/idv/release/idv_1.2rc1/index.html

- install it to a different directory than 1.2
- try starting the IDV using the Java/Java 3D in the RC1 directory.  From
a command line, type:

cd <1.2_install_directory>
<rc1_install_directory>/jre/bin/java -Xmx512m -jar idv.jar

where <1.2_install_directory> is the directory where you installed 1.2
and <rc1_install_directory> is where you installed 1.2RC1.

- if this works, move the jre directory from the 1.2RC1 directory
to the 1.2 directory.
- if this doesn't work, let me know. :-(

That should get you up and running.

Don Murray