20050831: IDV - MapViewManager.getInnerContents() size / navigation

Hi Sean,

Inquiry: I have two JComponents from different MapViewManagers.getInnerContents(), which is essentially a VisAD display.

I want the two JComponents to be different sizes, but same aspect ratio.

How do I syncronize the displays so the same map area is shown in each of the
JComponents event though they are different sizes?

I have noticed that as you change the dimensions of the JComponent the map area
will change to accomodate this.  I don't have a good understanding on how to
control the underlying map area to achieve what I am trying to do?

I'm not sure what you  are asking.
Yes, when the map jcomponent shrinks or expands the map is shrunk or expanded. You can turn on "sharing" in the MapViewManagers so they will share their viewpoints. One of those maps can be in a small window
but the sharing still will work.

Can you fill me in a bit more?

-Jeff