20050826: IDV 1.2 for linux: strange messages

>From: Rich Signell <address@hidden>

Hi Rich-

>I just noticed this - is this ok?
>
>[rsignell@ricsigdtlx rsignell]$ sh idv_1_2_linux_i586_installer.bin<br>
>Preparing to install...<br>
>tail: `-1' option is obsolete; use `-n 1'<br>
>Try `tail --help' for more information.<br>
>idv_1_2_linux_i586_installer.bin: line 329: [: `)' expected, found -z<br>
>^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is okay.  It's an incompatibility between the older version of
InstallAnywhere and the newer versions of Linux.

What version of Linux are you running?   Which X server and what kind
of video card do you have?

I'm kinda stumped that you get the null graphics configuration, but
still get a display window.   Let me know the answers to the above
and I'll ponder it some more.

BTW, please send your messages as plain text instead of HTML.  Our
current support system is old and doesn't handle the HTML.

Thanks.

Don